The GIScience Research Group (GIScRG) at the Royal Geographical Society with IBG is a group of academics and practitioners interested in promoting GIScience, Geographic Data Science and GI Technology in geographical research, teaching and the workplace.
We also support and promote e-science and the application of novel computing and spatial analysis paradigms to geographical systems, for example, agent-based modelling.
- Manage a mailing list for GIScience researchers and professionals.
- Running the RGS-IBG GIScience Webinar Series
- Running sessions at the Royal Geographical Society with IBG (RGS-IBG) Annual Conference.
- Active participation in GISRUK, the leading academic GIS conference in the UK (see the latest edition GISRUK 2020).
- Providing bursaries for early-career academics to leading GIS conferences.
- Developing and maintaining international links, e.g. participation and sponsorship of sessions at the American Association of Geographers Annual Conference.
- Working with companies such as ESRI (UK) to promote the use of GIS.
- Working with the Association of Geographic Information (AGI) to promote links with GIS practitioners and Chartered Geographers.
- Promoting and supporting the use of GIS within schools.
- Production of journal special issues on exciting new research.
- Working closely with other GIScience forums such as Association of Geographic Information Laboratories for Europe (AGILE).
The GIScRG privacy notice can be found here.